Why ASD Lighting PLC? – HEA Luminaire manufacturer of the year 2018
ASD Lighting PLC, formed in 1983, have been manufacturing in the UK from our 250,000 sq ft. factory in Rotherham for over 35 years. ASD Lighting is unique amongst British Companies, a true manufacturer of lighting with a reputation for innovation and quality.
The company encourages an entrepreneurial approach to business and allows individuals the flexibility to develop their business models accordingly whilst providing excellent technical and commercial backup.
The company has grown hugely in key specification lead markets over the past 5 years and subsequently has invested in developing new concepts & ranges of specification orientated products aimed at consultants / architects. These new products are being extremely well received in the market with massive sales opportunity and now the company needs somebody to successfully take these products to the specification market.
We are looking for the best to help us be the best!
We need a highly experienced lighting specification sales engineer (located anywhere in the UK). The candidate must be a dynamic, highly motivated & technical confident individual who is capable of selling a range of UK designed, developed and manufactured lighting solutions to existing and new key specification clients within the commercial market sector.
The main aim of this role is target specifications with the major national & international M&E consultancies such as Atkins, AECOM, Mott MacDonald, Arup & WSP etc.
You will be joining our Project sales division and will be responsible for developing & growing our Lighting specification business. You will report to the Commercial Manager and work closely with the internal support teams.
Full training on all ASD Lighting product ranges plus the lighting solutions and benefits ASD Lighting have to offer customers. The role is field based covering key accounts across the UK or regionally.
- Development of specifications from first contact through to order.
- Must be an existing highly experienced and senior specification engineer within the specification market with existing business relationships.
- Able to promote and specify our range of innovative lighting solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain long term business relationships to ensure a long term & continued flow of business across your entire customer base.
- Introduce the wider ASD Lighting solutions & product offer to your entire customer base, leveraging your relationship to gain additional ASD Lighting sales, supported by the relevant ASD product specialist.
- Provide market feedback & commercially viable product suggestions to commercial manager & product director.
What ASD Lighting PLC can offer:
- Extremely generous remuneration package for the right individual
- Full expensed company car or opt-out payment.
- Genuinely revolutionary products aimed at specification clients
- Entrepreneurial freedom within a highly successful and innovative team
- Opportunities to grow and progress within the business.
- Job Type: Full-time permanent position.
- Required experience: Must be an existing highly experienced & market leading senior lighting specification engineer within the specification market with existing business relationships.
- Driving License required.
- LIA / LIF Certificate desirable.