Purpose Of Role
Support the production of light fittings within the production department, ensuring quality of production and helping the team achieve production targets.
- Light fitting wiring, testing and production.
- Routine quality and defect inspection.
- Report defective products to the line leader / supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment, following company procedures.
- Adhere to company health and safety procedures and policy.
- Other tasks as required.
- Supporting team members with tasks when required.
- Set up your work area and power on computer.
- Complete any tasks outstanding from the previous day.
- Collect the days task list.
- Collect parts and supplies as determined by the job sheets from the warehouse locations.
- Check stock items on the inventory that are required, inform supervisor if stock information is incorrect or supplies are faulty.
- Perform fault and quality checks on the produced fitting reporting any defaults to the line leader / supervisor.
- Fully test the produced item to specification, with an awareness of your personal responsibility for the production quality.
- Use the computer to mark the task as completed and take to packing area.
- Isolate and record any defective items under the quarantine procedure.
- Maintained your work area, cleaning as you go and before the end of day bell, ensure any spillages are reported directly.
- Report defective work equipment, machinery or potential health and safety risks to the supervisor or Production Manager.
- Wear PPE as supplied and wear at all times if required.
- Be self-driven, conscientious with good communication skills.
- Mature and credible, able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- You will have a clear focus on high quality and an attention to detail, with the ability to work flexibly.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to work at pace with energy, with an interest in learning new skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Conscientious and proud of the quality of work produced.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and seek support where necessary.
- Computer Literate with the ability to use the EFACS CRM system, (training given).
- Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work overtime if required.
- Team player with the ability to work with and support other team members, sharing best practice and making suggestions for improvements.
Hours of work: Mon-Fri 8:30AM to 5PM, 6AM to 2PM, or 2PM to 10PM
Job Type: Temporary.
Salary: Minimum Wage..
Required license or certifications: Forklift Counterbalance Licence.
Interested? View more details on Indeed.
Apply with CV and Covering letter via the link above, or email email@example.com.
Any queries relating to the role please call Jill Kay, HR Officer 01709 843396.