ASD Lighting PLC
Our in-house IT department currently has an opportunity for an individual to fill the role of Junior IT Technician.
In this position, the successful applicant will be working closely within a three person team to support the smooth running of employee IT equipment and software. You will be the first point of contact for any IT issues within the business.
- Installing, configuring and repairing computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting hardware/software issues in person, or remotely.
- Testing and evaluating new software and hardware.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Updating technical documentation as required.
- Liaising with external suppliers and support desks.
- A minimum of one year of recent IT support experience.
- Proficient in the use of Windows operating systems – 7/10/Server.
- Windows Domain management experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A strong desire to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with good problem-solving skills.
- Committed team member, who can also work confidently on their own.
- Clear understanding of the confidential nature of the work undertaken.
- Computer networking knowledge, including running cables and terminating patch panels.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience with SQL
We are ideally looking for someone with around one year of recent experience in an IT support role, that are looking to move into a more challenging environment.
You will be required to work regular overtime during the football season of weekends and/or weekday evenings. A full valid driving licence is therefore essential.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00
33 holiday days including public bank holidays