Following on from our recent success in our Finance Apprenticeship Scheme a vacancy has arisen in our finance department
To diligently undertake the apprenticeship training programme, this will enable the apprentice to understand and assist in the operation of an effective finance function by carrying out tasks in an accurate and timely manner, in line with policies and procedures and to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- To fulfil the training and apprenticeship responsibilities diligently as set out in the apprenticeship agreement and the agreement with the Finance Training Provider.
In line with the learning and training programme to:
- To perform tasks and other reconciliation activities, as detailed in the scope and dimensions below, to the highest standard of accuracy and within agreed timescales to ensure the efficient and effective processing of finance information.
- To complete tasks to ensure information within the accounting system is complete and accurate.
- To perform tasks in accordance with the organisation’s UK finance policies and procedures in order to maintain a strong system of internal control.
- To contribute to the development and improvement of processes and procedures as tasks are undertaken; suggesting effective solutions to issues as they arise.
- To store, retrieve and archive information in line with departmental procedures to ensure that information is accessible for other staff.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships across the finance team and other stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach, mutual learning and effective use of resources.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Register supplier invoices into the purchase ledger and send invoices to the originator for approval
- Updating invoices in the purchase ledger once they have been returned and authorised by the originator, ensuring that expenditure has complied with ASD policies and procedures
- Reconciling supplier invoices per accounts package to supplier statements, investigating differences where appropriate
- Maintaining the sales ledger, cash allocation, statements, chasing outstanding debt and escalating non-payment of invoices as appropriate
- Operating returns system and raising credit notes
- Daily bank reconciliations, comparing the balance per cashbook to the bank balance per the accounting system, and investigating difference when necessary
- Any other tasks as required by the Group Accountant
- Support the HR and Admin team with payroll, HR and administration duties
- Strong time management and general organisational skills, with the ability to work within tight deadlines whilst dealing with interruptions
- Task management – the ability to take responsibility for several tasks concurrently and ensure each is completed to the required standard
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Punctual and committed
- Ability to meet the demands of job in conjunction with learning
- Ability to put into practice what has been learnt quickly and effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Discretion, confidentiality and integrity
- Customer orientated
- Desire to learn
- Positive, proactive and flexible approach – a ‘can do’ attitude
- A passion for working within a finance team undertaking an accounts payable role
- Grade B or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Effective basic excel skills (i.e. sum and other formulas)
- Desire and ability to embrace and demonstrate values, which includes being Inclusive, Inspiring, Collaborative, Courageous, Always Learning and Accountable.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a CV and covering letter via indeed
Employment will be confirmed for the length of the apprenticeship
Hours of Work Monday to Friday 08.30 – 5pm.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- GCSE or equivalent (Required)