Northumbria University Faculty of Business and Law is a £70 million architectural city centre campus based in the heart of Newcastle. With around more than 8,200 attending students every year and becoming the largest business and law school in the north east of England.
Being committed to supporting the UN Sustainability Development Goals, they had to take steps to not only save on energy costs, but also to drastically reduce carbon footprint. ASD Lighting, CBRE and GME Industry step in to help from lighting design to installation.
- Architectural indirect cove lighting built into the ceiling recess upgraded with our Highlite Battens, providing balanced lighting levels throughout the university
- Library and study areas lit with our Melody, perfect for DSE standards in education applications.
- Stairwells with Non-LED fittings replaced with our Liniair.
- ZIP LED Downlight brightening bathrooms, corridors and much more.
- Square One Halo featured as a colourful addition for specific entrances.
- Massive electricity savings per annum – from 539,209 kWh to 197,361 kWh, that’s a saving of over 63%!
- Leading to a huge cost saving – from £64,705 p/a to £23,683, that’s £41,022 saved per year!
- Not only this, but the average light levels increased from 100 to 430 lux.
- tCO² reduced per year = 169.68 Tonnes.