We are currently looking to recruit a Payroll Officer to work in Rotherham. You will be involved in a wide range of Payroll and Human Resource activities.
- Complete payrolls, weekly and monthly, maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers and providing payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Supporting with general HR, Reference Requests/Responses, Resignation Acknowledgements, general filing and file maintenance, note taking for meetings.
- The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You will be mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Previous experience of working with a computerised payroll is desirable as you will be required to assist with the preparation and payment of wages, therefore you will need to have the ability to learn systems quickly and effectively with some flexible with hours for holiday/absence or overtime cover.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining manual and computerised personnel files, responding to e-mails and application forms, contracts, references, ordering and issuing uniform together with general administration duties.
- You must have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Strong I.T. skills are essential.
Key skills and characteristics desirable
- Preferably – generalist payroll experience (Opera and Rota Horizon).
- Experienced in using payroll and IT systems, Word and Excel.
- Excellent customer service and highly confidential.
- ASD Holdings Ltd incorporates ASD Lighting plc who have been manufacturing in Rotherham for over 32 years and are the UK market leader in the manufacture and sale of the product.
- ASD Holdings Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and all applications regardless of age, sex, gender reassignment, disability, marriage or civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation will be considered.
Job Type: Part-time.
Hours of Work: Mon-Wed 08:30 – 17:00 (23.25 Hours), 45 minute lunches.
Any queries relating to the role please call Jill Kay, HR Officer 01709 843396.