This role will be responsible for establishing and developing a business plan for export, which will establish and create sustainable growth in chosen global markets for all ASD Lighting products.
- Analyse and monitor the current global markets and prepare a business plan to identify and develop new sales opportunities for the export of domestic and commercial products.
- Develop and drive export sales activity by considering the sales offer and evaluating potential in international markets.
- Ensure adherence to country specific importation legislation.
- Develop strong relationships within supply chain to explore existing supplier and distributor base and possible commercial sales relationships.
- Implement sales and distribution plans to meet customer requirements.
- Execute marketing efforts and reaching regular sales targets by carrying out market research activity in chosen export markets working with Group Marketing to develop appropriate marketing materials for an international audience and providing global market intelligence and competitor activity reports.
- Work with the Supply Chain and Operations team to deliver the most effective distribution channel from supplier to customer.
- Maintain and develop activity of international sales.
- Maintain and develop distributor network with distribution partners.
- Identify suitable project and sales opportunities.
- Identify specifier’s installers and users of the company products.
- Prepare quotations for existing and new clients.
- Project management – “conception to completion”.
- Prepare sales reports and maintain client company database.
- International travel will be required.
- Electrical Product Sales Experience Essential.
- UK based, with significant worldwide travel required.
- Commercial sales experience within the Lighting sector (essential).
- Understand complexity of supply chain activities and the most appropriate distribution channels in key export markets.
- Excellent communication skills to interact successfully within your network.
- Entrepreneurial, self‐motivated with strong problem‐solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to manage and achieve sales independently and proactively in a fast‐paced work environment.
- Ability to speak a language in one of the export markets (desirable).
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Self-driven, results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses your own performance.
- You will be mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people at different levels and will maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
Job Type: Permanent, Office Based.
Salary: Negotiable / Competitive. Fully Funded Vehicle.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 08.30 – 5.00pm.
Application Deadline: Friday 27th January.
Required experience: 3 years in Sales.
Required licence or certifications: Drivers License.
Any queries relating to the role please call Jill Kay, HR Officer 01709 843396.